If you want an instant fix then debt consolidation is NOT for you. Debt consolidation is more of a temporary solution that gives you relief from multiple loans and multiple interest rates. However, you need to be extremely careful as to which company you choose. Some of the companies are well reputed and only give out verified unsecured loans at low-interest rates that do not harm your credit score. Other companies require a long-term dedication and may eat their way into your credit score and make it impossible for you to get loans from banks.
What are the common risks associated with debt consolidation loans?
Many companies have declared bankruptcy since the late 90s. It is not an uncommon term we hear in the business world but we rightfully dread it too. Bankruptcy makes you unable to apply or qualifies for any kinds of business loan. No other companies are likely to do business with you if you are associated with the term closely. Basically, very few people came back from that side of the line. The only other viable option in terms of dire financial crisis is debt consolidation.
Debt consolidation also comes with its own risks. In a case of some, you are required to put forth collateral. While sometimes it is a home mortgage, during other times it is a home equity. However, you can find a couple of reliable debt consolidation companies meant for small and large businesses that dish out viable offers without any security. These lines on unsecured loans come with reasonable rates of interest if you have a decent credit history.
Is debt consolidation a solution to bad debt?
Debt consolidation can only help you out of a sticky financial situation if you are ready to help yourself. Debts may arise due to bad financial decisions and debt consolidation loans can only help you until a point. If you keep making the same financial blunders, you will again find yourself in a quagmire of debts, high-interest installments, and unpaid creditors. As a matter of fact, Cambridge Credit Corp states that 70% of all Americans who opt for debt consolidation loans are likely to end up with at least the same debt or more within a period of two years.
How to choose the right company for your business?
The best way to choose a debt consolidation company is going by customer and client reviews. We have compiled a list of 10 different top debt consolidation companies that have emerged on top of all debt consolidation lists repeatedly. Check out for a quick but temporary solution to your money woes –
- Freedom Debt Relief – Freedom Debt Relief is a debt counseling cum consolidating company that was founded back in 2002. It is a brainchild of Stanford Business School Graduate that has over 800 employees right now. Over 80,000 customers have lauded them for their counseling and loan services. They mainly cater to the business community in Phoenix and San Mateo.
- Lexington Law Firm – this is one of the veterans of debt consolidation that has been in existence for over 25 years. It has been helping out people and businesses with bad credit for years. They cater to a wide range of clients in all 50 states and provide debt counseling for clients in select states as well.
- National Debt Relief – you can find this name at the apex of multiple debt consolidation company lists. They have a wonderful debt reduction, consolidation and counseling history. They are also known to hold seminars and webinars for educating their clients about debt and finances. This is, without a doubt, one of the largest debt settlement companies in the US.
- GreenPath – this is one of the very few non-profit companies that have been thriving since 1961. GreenPath is a name most clients associated with reliance and honesty. They have helped multiple well-known businesses and clients back on their feet with timely payments and low-interest rates. They have helped out people with bad credit scores. GreenPath also offers free debt counseling to select clientele.
- Family Credit Management – Family Credit Management is another non-profit counseling agency that has been doing its best since 1999. For over 17 years, this company has been helping entrepreneurs and family men out of debts. Their services are not bound by state borders. You can hear about their stellar debt consolidation services from over 100,000 people from all across the country.
- Elite Financial Services – this is more of a debt settlement service than a consolidation service. Nonetheless, the clients speak highly of the services provided by Elite Financial Services over the last few years. You can expect professional debt counseling and case studies from this company.
- CountryWide Debt Relief – this company can boast of over 30 years of dedicated service. CountryWide Debt Relief has helped thousands of customers out of terrible debt over the last three decades. They offer debt consolidation and debt relief services to all customers irrespective of their credit scores. They have over 300 verified reviews that laud their services.
Besides money and interest rates there are a few more things you need to consider before signing on that dotted line. A good company will help its customers get out of debt as well as stay out of it for years to come. You will find most good company names associated with debt counseling as well as debt consolidation. A good debt consolidation service is not bound by political borders, many companies cater to clients all across the country during their times of need. Never forget to check the reviews of previous clients and testimonials before approaching a debt consolidation company.