OM Biometric Smartwear startup in Canada has been working on a range of sports shirts that will have the ability to monitor your heart rate, breathing and movement while being worn. All of the data will be collected via Bluetooth and give you up to date reports. There products are great for outdoor athletes, adventurers and sports enthusiasts. Let’s have a look at some of the features that make what this company is doing so interesting.
But first, you may want to take a look at the OM Biometric Video
- Comfort Fit – adopts your body’s shape and feels like a second, super soft skin.
- Moisture Management – features climate control and moisture-wicking fabric to keep you cool.
- Apparel Meets Tech – high-performance smartwear that feels like a second skin.
- Machine Washable – treat your shirt like any other high performance apparel.
- Odor Control – anti-microbial treatment eliminates the after-workout smell.
- Performance Compression – improves blood circulation and aids muscle recovery.
“OM shirts monitor your activity, physiological stress and fitness levels, giving you total control over your fitness and everyday performance,” the team says. “Each of the four shirts include health sensors embedded into the fabric that measure your biometric data in real-time and relay this information to your personal dashboard on the Omsignal app.
The Vision of the OM: bring technology into life by developing products and applications to help people live a fitter, healthier and happier life.
Definitely a worthy business model and vision. Being able to track your health simply by the clothes you wear is the future of health. Eventually, there may be technology so sophisticated that it will give you warning signs of an oncoming heart attack hours or even days and weeks before you could have one. We may be getting ahead of ourselves here but the fact of the matter is that it seems that the industry of smart wear for health and fitness is going in that direction. OM Signal has a handle on that notion and has been making strides in its concepts and develop for the absolute benefit of human lives and not just in sports either.