In the arena of marketing, marketers are always looking for the next big thing and as you adopt a new technology for your business it places you ahead of the competitors. Well, they don’t have to look anywhere else than their pockets and purses.
We have entered a time when mobile marketing presents tremendous opportunities for marketers on a huge level. Mobile enables marketers to reach a large number of audiences on a personal level and in real-time, which we don’t get to see on other engagement and communication channel.
How is mobile marketing significant to businesses?
As per the stats, at present every typical customer owns at least one mobile device and among them 70% owns a mobile phone, 55% owns a tablet and 75% owns a laptop. In fact, 70% of the population is accessing the internet via their mobile device instead of their laptop. Now with this increase in the users of smartphones and tablets, the number of mobile devices is way more than the global population.
A Mobile device is a viable way to reach everyday consumers and marketers need to devote part of their advertising budget towards a medium they know is used by their target audience.
This way, the proliferation of mobile and tablet devices amongst consumers call for its adoption by the marketers and it’s simply more than a trend with it being an imperative part of the market. It unlocks the potential of a huge, expanding, captive and engaged audience.
Kinds of Mobile marketing strategies:
There are a variety of mobile marketing strategies you can try and what works for your business depends on your industry, target audience and budget.
- App-based marketing: It’s a kind of mobile marketing that involves mobile apps development. Most users spend the maximum of their mobile time with apps, however, you don’t require creating an app on your own as services such as Google AdMob help advertisers in creating mobile ads appearing within third-party mobile apps.
- In-game mobile marketing: This is regarding mobile ads appearing in mobile games. In-game ads come around as banner pop-ups, full-page image ads and video ads appearing on loading screens.
- QR codes: Users begin by scanning QR codes and they take it to a particular webpage that the QR code is attached to. Such codes are in alignment with mobile gamification and there is a mystery attached to them as users scanning them don’t always realize precisely which rabbit hole they jump down.
- Location-based marketing: These are the ads that come on mobile devices as per a user’s location relative to a particular business or area.
- Mobile search ads: Kind of basic Google search ads these are built for mobile and often feature extra add-on extensions such as click-to-call or maps.
- Mobile image ads: These are the kind of ads that are designed to appear on mobile devices.
- SMS: This one requires to capture a user’s phone number and to send them text offers. However, this trend is kind of passé.
What sets apart the mobile marketing?
Well, going by the impact that mobile marketing has on the audience and consumers, marketing managers and CMOs must make mobile marketing a priority.
Mobile has wider reach
Nowadays the users of desktops and laptops are declining as a major number of audience use mobile devices and if you don’t market on mobile then you fail to reach these potent customers of yours.
Ad platforms on Social media
Mobile marketing has a lot of potentials and the best thing is that they’ve evolved their ad platforms allowing you target mobile customers. Start by just clicking a button and you can easily use social media advertising. This requires just a few minutes.
Shoppers are using mobiles in physical stores as well
Mobiles hold a place in the physical store as well like retailers must look for ways to integrate mobile into their in-store experience which leads to enhanced in-store engagement.
Virtual Reality via mobiles
With the help of exciting technologies, mobile ads tend to turn more engaging and effective. The sheer number of options clear it’s not easy turning a profit from mobile marketing. You find something for every business in every industry.
The brand intends to connect with their target audience personally but this can’t be done from behind. However, it’s different with mobile devices as they’re individual accessories carried by people all the time. You can’t have the same kind of psychological impact with any other media.
Mobile marketing enables you to get closer to consumers like never before and it easily converts viewers into paying consumers.
This trend is certainly here to stay and studies show that it is going to enjoy a bigger position with time. Don’t be late and let your business benefit from mobile marketing already.