Everyday there are app developers creating new apps for the Apple Watch. We want to give you a list of the current Top 7 Apps we think will be beneficial for when you travel or plan your next adventure.
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts have added a new level of hospitality to your stay. Now you can unlock your door from your Apple Watch, no room key required. You can also get directions to your hotel, check in, see reservation details, and view your Starpoints balance.
- American Airlines sends you a notification letting you know when it’s time to leave for the airport. Get flight information throughout your travel day. Check in from your Apple Watch. And during your flight, view a map with the time remaining until arrival, as well as baggage claim and connection details.
- The Nike+ Running app puts your distance, duration, and pace right on your Apple Watch. See when friends send you a cheer. And with Bluetooth headphones, you can listen to music wirelessly during your workout.
- Instagram is now on your Apple Watch. You can browse your feed, like your favorite photos, and even leave emoji comments. And you’ll stay up to date with interactive notifications sent directly to your wrist.
- Citymapper shows you the fastest routes to wherever you want to go. Based on your current location, it provides step-by-step instructions for catching the nearest bus or train, and lists the next three arrivals so you can choose exactly when to leave. It also delivers a gentle tap to let you know when you’ve reached your stop.
- OpenTable app, you can see details about your upcoming reservations and find your way there with a map to the restaurant.
- TripAdvisor is the perfect travel companion is now on your Apple Watch. Get instant information on hundreds of nearby restaurants, sights, and tourist destinations.
Apple Pay is also in the Apple Watch and it makes paying as easy as a wrist swipe in one single motion followed by a slight wrist vibration that lets you know your payment went through. There are more apps to choose from and we will be sure to give you regular updates.